Thursday, March 1, 2012

Run For Pasig River 2k11


Me, problematic about the things I've lost L

This is the first time That I have joined an event like this, as a part of beating a record. I didn't get the chance to be part of the Human rosary and Cross, so I did my best to be part of this one. I was really excited. All through out the run, I think I did more walking and jogging than running. There were too many people. I really was tired after. I was glad to finish that 5k route but something really unlucky happened to me. I lost my small pouch during the run, which contained my money, regform, attendance stub and my license. I placed it inside my bag along with my cellphone, but when we reached MOA, when i checked my bag, it was gone and my bestfriend saw that my bag was open already. I don't know why my pouch was the one that got lost, not my cellphone. I can't explain my emotions that time, I was scared because my license was gone, I was really hungry but I didn't have money and I was really tired. Good thing, the Blockmates of my bestfriend lent me money to buy food. I've learned that time to be more careful eith my valuables. Also, About the run, I can say that even the smallest efforts can make a big difference, Imagine how many individuals joined the run and made another record to help save mother nature. Rich or Poor, Young or Old, Everyone was considered as one team helping our Pasig River.

I really did enjoyed the run despite of what had happen. I would like to join other runs and events like this. I would also ask my friends to come with me. The best way to invite them to join to is to share my experience the first time. It's great to be part of something. It feels good to know that even you just paid a small amount of fee and put a little effort into it, you can make something better. Pasig River is one of the known bodies of water that needs restoration, it's not new information to most people. The best way that I can do is influence my friends to join in such events, even just for some time. It wouldn't hurt to help save mother nature, besides, she's God's instrument to provide for us.

Being part of something like this made me feel happy, that I was able to help, not only myself but also those people of the future, that they may be the ones who would see the product of the project.

1 comment: