Wednesday, March 7, 2012

In times of Test, Family is the Best

070711, Tivoli Gardens' Sky Lounge. A night that I will never ever forget. A night that I'll always keep.

This is our biglaang Family reunion, planned not so long ago. I can still remember our planning session during our mini reunion at Camiguin Island with Kuya Miguel all drunk. They asked me, well I don't know, If I could help the 3rd four to accomplish the task given to arrange this reunion before the wedding to welcome Roz to the Family. So yes, I was already part of the 3rd Five, and they really welcomed me with a lot of tasks to do. The usual, every reunion we have our reunion shirts, and YES, You know what it is. After the day that I've said "YES" to the people involved that I'd be the  one to do the shirts is the Day I said Goodbye to my life and Hello to sleepless nights. Having a Lot of plates to do for school is not helping me with the situation. Oh, and did I mention, it was 60 shirts that I was to print? (THANK YOU MATERIALS CLASS FOR TEACHING ME HOW TO PRINT SHIRTS AND HERE I AM DYING. LOL JOKE) Really, it was a very hard task. Every time they ask me I'd just tell them I haven't done the design yet, which was half true. Luckily, One night I did a temporary design which sucked and there was ate Cha who gave me the ideas of what to do with the shirt and TADAAA! There it is. 

The concept of the PROUDLY PINOY GUERRA 2011 speaks about us, the GUERRA family, that even though we are very much far apart from one another, we still do communicate and never leave someone behind and YES, we are Proud Filipinos. 

I Just stared doing the shirts just a week or several days before the presentation. YES, I'm a good procrastinator. HAHA! Thanks to my course which really needs a lot of procrastination. And there, I was able to finish the shirts on the morning of the event itself. Thanks to the help of the blow dryer. Also, thanks to some of my sibling s and cousins who helped me. So there, Shirts done, what's next?


What's next was our AWESOME presentation to welcome Roz to the family. At first, I thought that they were bluffing about us dancing "We're All in this Together" of High School Musical, but no, it was true. Thanks to High School Experiences, I still have the steps in my mind and was able to teach them to the Ancient and Elder people. Gosh, How I miss those Sunday Practice here at our home. Tito Chito was one great instructor, REALLY. I wouldn't forget the one practice that he was teaching the others, Then he said that it was only 8 counts the suddenly, out of the blue, he counted up to 9. We didn't know where the 9th count came from! :)) I wouldn't also forget that one practice wherein there was no water available here in our home so they had to drink Tanduay Ice instead 'cause it was the only thing available for them to drink, Unlucky for me, I don't Drink. So yeah, Kuya Miguel, the usual, got tipsy and did his Krumping Moves during our practice which made everyone cry to tears. I wasn;t able to breath that time, it was so funny, seriously. Where is the video? Must find and UPLOAD! Share the Happiness, LOL. :)




During the dance, I couldn't help but notice Ate Alfa crying and laughing at the same time. She really did cry. I was shocked for she knew that we were to perform a special welcoming number for Roz. She was included in the email of Ate Cha that contained the Instructional Video of the dance. Maybe she didn't expect that the WHOLE Clan would be dancing in front of them. Oh well papel. :)

And really, I could tell that Ate Alfa was really Excited to come to this Family Night, cause she bumped into the glass door before entering the room. Well, she really was Excited, I mean,  Who wasn't?








And here, Presenting the MIGUEL MOVE. I don't know where on earth did he get this move, or I know but... ANYWAYS. :-" HAHA. This was the move that really made me cry to tears and made me experience heartburn from laughing too hard. After seeing him dancing this, everything changed. And the funny but weird part was that everyone did it too. @.@ Even the Ancient people did it during the wedding, and it was not pleasing to the eyes, I SWEAR. Joke! I really should Upload the Video! I bet after seeing this, Roz wished he never went there. HAHA! JOKE!








The night was still young and we had fun and games. The best part was when Bella was to guess what the word was. It was like..

All: Think about Kit..
Bella: Is it Big?
All: (Laughing)
Roz: Maybe? No?
Bella: Is it a Body Part?
All: (LOL'ing so hard)
Roz: (Doesn't Know what to say anymore)

Kuya Kit's Face was like @.@ Already..









Another was Jay, Ate Cha's Boyfriend, who also works at Jollibee..

Jay: Burger?
All: Yes
Jay: Chowking
All: No!

Okay? Haha. It was obvious that everyone was already SABAW..







After having some fun and Games, as usual, we ended the night with a LOT of picture taking. YES, A LOT. I don't know why but we Guerras do take our Picture taking Seriously, especially our Wacky pictures.



This is one of the best photos of the night, the Guerra Brothers & Sisters, Our Parents. Missing in Action, Tito Butch, Tita Iyen & Tita Didiw. Every time they do their wacky shot, they always lift their feet up. Well, they say it's an indicator of who's the oldest, whoever lifts his/her foot the lowest is the one. Well, It's their pose, HAHA! We just love seeing them do it! 

It's another moment of them being all together again after having different schedules because of their work, and it really is one of the happiest photos that I've seen of them.



Did I mention that we are a BIG family? Haha. Here we are, I don't know how many are we, the GUERRA COUSINS, with nephews Pipe, Zach and Djo, foster & now cousin Valerie and Soon to be (?) Cousins, Bella & Jay. Missing in Action: Kuya Jeg, Mae, Issa, Hannah, Ate Kim (who followed at the wedding), Nikki, Christian, Kuya Ian, Ate Moe, Janna and Ate Trin. Too bad they've missed so much Fun and Laughter, but still, we love them so much!

It's Fun seeing us all together again, even though we were not complete, it was still the best!

I LOVE MY COUSINS FOREVER! :')



Also, another segment of the night was to announce the winners of the Biggest Loser Guerra Edition. While Calculating the results we were laughing 'cause during the weighing, Papa Nonoy was making Mama Bon & Kuya Kit's Weight Heavier. LOL, But anyways, it was not counted. The results were very shocking! 
Weight closest to Size (?) I CANT REMEMBER WHAT WAS IT! UGH!
3rd: Ate Annamae
2nd: Ate Kathlyn
1st: Kuya JB


(All Cajitas. Mama Belle & Papa Mart's Strategy of Letting us eat a lot during our stay in Cagayan was Helpful. LECHON! =p~ YUM!)





Biggest Loser (Weight)
3rd: Ate Cha
2nd: Tita Baby

And Yes, The winner of the Guerra Edition 2011 Biggest Loser was Tita Mercy, And Look how surprised she was. LOL! It really was a shocking Night for her knowing that she was the one who wanted to concede already. :))








The Night was one of the best nights in my entire life. I am really happy that we had this reunion not only to welcome Roz to the Guerra Family, but also to have time with our Family again. I was really looking forward to this night, and didn't expect that it would be that great. I know, being part of the 3rd five is a great honor. We would also be remembered for putting this of. Making the shirts was tough, I know. But all the perspiration, hardships and sleepless nights was nothing, not even a bit, of the happiness that I've gained this night.


Here I am, PROUD to say that I am a GUERRA.
I am A PROUD PINOY GUERRA
and It will always be that way. :)

http://guerracheska.multiply.com/journal/item/4/In_times_of_Test_Family_is_the_Best

No comments:

Post a Comment